General Technology Information
- Alabama Broadband Connectivity (ABC) for Students. Governor Ivey extended this program through May 2021. If your child receives Free/Reduced lunch and you have not received your ABC Code please email the BOE with your last name and physical address.
We plan to use this page for basic updates and information for parents for students in the physical classroom, virtual learning, and short term remote learning. We will include links and documents needed for this process.
Bibb County is working hard to ensure that a device is available to every student in grades 1-12 in Bibb County Schools. We hope to expand this down for our Kindergarten students very soon.
- Students in grades 1-4 will be assigned a device that will remain at school each night. These can be "check-out" to virtual students and those on temporary remote learning to take home.
- Students in grades 5-12 will be assigned a device that they will take home each day. They will be expected to keep up with this device like a textbook.
- Any student with a take-home device will be issued a charger and a carrying case.
- More information can be found in the Parent/Student Device Handbook. The forms at the end of this handbook can be printed, signed, and brought to the school during device pickup. The handbook will be available on every handbook and forms will be provided on the day of pickup.
Virtual School Option
Bibb County will be utilizing Schoology (bibbed.schoology.com
) to deliver online instruction. The content will be primarily coming from SchoolsPLP (state-provided) for all students and Edmentum (locally provided) for only grades 7-12. This program will require self-motivation from the student and parent. Students will be expected to maintain a certain pace in order to keep up with the learning objectives required.
Students will log into Schoology using their bcschools.education email address.
Many programs can also be accessed through Clever
. Students also log in to this site with the school email address.
Bibb County Enrollment/Registration/Information Update
Students must update/enter their information with Bibb County Schools and agree to the Technology Usage Policy before being able to receive a device. Registration/SNAP codes were sent out by email and/or mail during May and June. Contact your child's school for their SNAP code.
Bibb County Schools will be working to ensure all students have access to the internet.
- We will have wireless access in every school parking lot. This will be accessible to all students and faculty 7 days/week until 11:00 PM nightly.
- We have WiFi on 21 school buses. Students on these routes will have access both to and from school. We will have the ability to park these in more rural areas when needed. The following are the locations we will use from December 15-17, 2020.
- UPDATE - Due to lack of participation, the buses will be removed at 11:00 AM on Thursday, December 17, 2020. They will not be back on Thursday afternoon or Friday.
- Lawley VFD#2 (Hurricane Ridge)
- Ashby Grocery
- Sixmile Grocery (Stephens Oil)
- Eoline VFD
- Ridgeville Church of the Nazarene (Pondville)
- Cedar Grove VFD
- Dirt Cheap (Grey Hill Road Woodstock)
We will have buses parked at these locations Tuesday - Friday depending on use and need. On Tuesday we will be offering this 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 1:00 -3:00 PM. These times could change based upon use. Students' school-issued devices will already have the wifi password once selected. Personal devices are not allowed on these units.
Online/Virtual Learning Vs. Remote Learning Vs. Traditional Learning
- Traditional Learning - Students attend class each day with the teacher present in the room.
- Remote Learning - Usually short term, student checks in with the teacher daily, the instruction mirrors what is going on in the classroom. Used in the event of a 10/14 day isolation of students/teachers.
- Online/Virtual Learning - This is 100% online without daily communication from the teacher. The student must keep up with activities and stay on pace. The teacher may check progress, but communication will be limited. Nothing is submitted directly to the teacher.