Our schools are beginning to see an increase in flu and flu-like illness. The number one way to prevent the flu is to get your yearly flu shot and it is still not too late to get yours! The CDC recommends preventative steps such as:
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like flu.
· Stay home if you are sick and contact your primary care physician
Remember, students must be free from fever (100˚ or more), vomiting and/or diarrhea for at least 24 hours (without the use of medication) before returning to school. Stay healthy everyone!!